Tuesday, January 24, 2012

You would never think it's WW - Lasagne!

This evening I made the lasagne recipe from the WW book, the Complete Kitchen.
Well, you would not believe how good this is! I actually feel like I'm after having seconds I'm so full, and have to remind myself that I'm within my points! And it is so full flavoured, really delicious. I even made extra to freeze & for lunch in work tomorrow. So here it is, and I won't have to tell you twice to.... Enjoy! :) (Now I added some oven chips, so they are not included in the points mentioned below, much to your dismay I'm sure!) :)

WW Lasagne - 4 Portions - 11pp per Portion

I added mushrooms and a tsp of Oregano to this recipe, which spread over the recipe is 0 points per portion.

For the bolognese -
Chop 2 onions, 2 carrots, 2 garlic cloves and (I added) punnet of mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and put in a bowl until later.
Cook 250g of lean mince until browned in your pan. When browned add back in your cooked veg.
Add a tsp of mixed herbs and (I added) a tsp of Oregano, 200mls of beef stock and a tin of chopped tomatoes.
Leave that to simmer on a low heat, stirring every now and then for 10 minutes.
To make the béchamel sauce -
Add to a pot on med-low heat 450mls skimmed milk, 40g plain flour, a bay leaf and 40g of low fat spread. Stirring constantly until it thickens and forms a sauce, approx 8-10 minutes. Remove the bay leaf.
To assemble the lasagne -
Put some sauce on the bottom of your lasagne dish for the pasta sheets to stick to. Place your pasta sheets on top. Place some of your bolognese on top of that. Scatter some low fat mozzarella on top of the bolognese. Then start again with the pasta sheets, the sauce, the bolognese, the mozzarella, more pasta sheets, more sauce and then sprinkle some Parmesan on the top of the lasagne.
Put into a preheated oven at 190C for approx 40 minutes!

Seriously tasty! You have to try it!



No comments:

Post a Comment