Friday, February 3, 2012

Veggie Stir Fry & Noodles

Hi all! For dinner this evening I made a vegetable stir fry. It's been years, literally since I made a stir fry so wasn't so sure how it would turn out, especially as I didn't have a recipe and was winging it :-) Well it was divine! Even the OH said so, and that is saying something believe me haha :-)

4 Portions at 5 Propoints per Portion

2 Carrots
1 Red Onion
Some Sugar Snap Peas
Some Baby Corn
A Medium Sweet Potato 4pp
(All chopped)
3 Cloves Garlic grated into the veggies in the pot (as I love it!)

For the sauce -

2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil 4pp
1/4 tsp Chili Flakes
Juice 1 Lime

2 Packs Straight to Wok Noodles 12pp

So veg into a large pot or wok with some spray oil. Keep turning so they cook evenly for approx 8 mins. Grate in the garlic & add your sauce. Stir for a minute. Add the noodles and stir every now and then for another 5/6 mins or when everything is tender and hot. Very tasty, so easy & great value for propoints! A definite staple in my weekly meals going forward :-)


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your stir-fry looks so vibrant and yummy. Mine always looks like a gloopy mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm sure they lovely would you stop! I practically dry cooked the veg and kept stirring them so that they wouldn't stick, and only added the sauce and noodles towards the end to just coat everything rather than it to cook away in the sauce the entire time ;-)

      Delete