Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day :-)

Hi all! Well did everyone have a nice Valentine's day?! And get spoiled rotten by the OH (other half!)?! :-) Well myself and my OH decided we were going to splash out and get a take out and watch a movie for Valentines Day. So that's what we did! I had a personal pizza from pizza hut and some nachos. Now I think I'm over my weeklies by about 10 pp, but couldn't be 100% sure. But you know - I'm owning the fact that I'm only human, and you do have to live your life! So I'm up on the scales or STS (stay the same) this week I won't mind. I'm never going to be perfect every week, and why would you want to be?! You have to splash out and celebrate sometimes, but once you get back on track afterwards you'll be fine in the long run. And as I keep saying I'm in this for the long haul, so as long as I stick to my WW plan 90% of the time, I will certainly be celebrating life with those I love on certain occasions. Within reason of course, I'm not going to suddenly pig out on an extra large pizza with everything! But have something of what I like, enjoy it and not over fill myself. As this is a life change and not a diet, there will of course be weeks where we are up and sts, sure if we just kept losing for the rest of our lives there'd be nothing left of us! ;-) There'll even be weeks where we should definitely have lost, but our bodies are not having it, and that's just the way it is, but those weeks will be few and far between hopefully. I've been walking at lunchtime every day for 40 mins and was good for the rest of the week. So watch this space!! :-)

Now the evening before Valentines Day the OH had said he hadn't gotten me anything, which is fine, and we usually just exchange cards and make a nice dinner. But I knew that he was looking into getting some new earphones. So I did some research and found some that had good reviews and were not too expensive. Now as it turns out, the 'over the head' earphones are very square and my OH's head is quite round, and we both nearly passed out laughing when he tried them on! So as it turns out, I now have a new set of earphones haha! :-) So this is still the evening before Vals day and he said he felt bad that he hadn't gotten me anything and decided that he was going to head off and make me a card. I know, so funny! So he pops his head into this sitting room a few minutes later 'do we have any blue tack?!' So I mentioned where we might have some blue tack. Then another few minutes later 'do we have any of those long white bendy things?!' No, we do not have any pipe cleaners! What are you planning to make with blue tack and pipe cleaners haha?! So he comes back in and is finished apparently, but I cannot have it until the morning. Right so, no problem, I can wait till the morning :-) So we're going to bed and he says 'I couldn't find stuff to make you anything, so I haven't made a card!' Ha ha ha, and after throwing me off the scent with all the questions! So funny! So I said again that it was grand, coz sure I wasn't expecting anything anyway! So that was that. Now I decided that I would get up and make a hot breakfast on Valentines Day morning (amazing wife that I am!). So while he was out walking the dog at 6am, I got up and went down to start breakfast, and when I opened the fridge, what was hiding in there only a card and a bottle of my favorite perfume!!! Amazing! It has to be said, he is the master of deception!! And absolutely hilarious! Thank you darling! xx

I hope you all had a great Val's Day and are doing well on your weight loss journeys!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww your Valentines day sounds amazing! You're so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sweet!!! Big awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete